Thursday 21 May 2009

EVENT/CAREER DEVELOPMENT: After Bath Spa

As I come to the end of my foundation degree at Bath Spa University, I have to take into account all of my options. For a start, I'm not even sure if I want a career in media. I might choose to take up performing again.

At the moment however, my aim is to try and get into Ravensbourne media college to turn my foundation degree into a full honors degree. I have known about Ravensbourne for a few years now and always believed that I did not have the skills and ability to get in. Now I have completed my foundation degree, I feel I have better skills in video and sound production and a stronger grasp of media codes and conventions. I also believe my creativity and vision has been improved through practical assignments and working with my peers.

I had the opportunity ti continue at Bath Spa on its third year top up course based at paintworks in Bristol. I have decided not to accept my place as I feel that as I am set to start a career in the media and have studied with a mind to enter into television, I should attend a facility that can cater for studio practice.

I am also contious that my course at Bath Spa is new and still needs tweaking. Ravensbourne has a long established reputation and has prodcued many successful people who are currently working in the industry, I feel that if I am confident with my skills enough to apply, I am good enough to attend and complete my studies.

No comments: