Monday 25 May 2009

Work Experience: Overview/Career Progression

So I've completed my work experience and I've almost completed my time at Bath Spa University. I have been very lucky to take part in many varied roles over the last few weeks, all of which pull me towards different factions of the media industry.

When I first started this course, I thought I wanted to be a film maker. I still have a great passion for cinema and I'm starting to appreciate television drama more as I become aware of the effort that goes into any production. I have had experiences that have dragged my thought process away from media altogether over the last two years and no-doubt, over my final year I expect I will be torn again between career paths.

When working on Loose Women, I had an insight into the workings of an extremely professional television company and studio. while working at Talking Issues, I was given the opportunity to perform within a media environment. And working on the Bath film office short film, I took the role of producer to a degree. In my first year, I especially enjoyed the advertising part of the writing for broadcast media module.

I'm not sure what I want in life yet, but these tastes of what I might expect in the future excite me. I just want to get my degree out the way first.